Saturday, April 25, 2020

Final Reflection

This semester has been quite eventful with everything that is going on. Through all that, this class has been very interesting, and looking back at it now, one of my favorites. There were many moments when I dreaded having to write the weekly assignments or record an elevator pitch, but I found that I always felt good after I did it. The assignments helped me to think about my idea every week. They helped me make sure I was confronting the fact that maybe it wouldn’t work, and that if it could work, I would need to put in a lot more effort. This is something very valuable because I think we often tend to avoid things that can result in failure or that may not work out the way we want it.

The most informative experience in this class was learning that failure is not a bad thing. Comparing it to lack of action, which is what I would normally do, it’s much better. This way you’re able to see what went wrong, learn a lesson from it, and use it moving forward. I think this will be what I will remember for years to come. I will continue to try to apply this to all aspects of my life. My most joyous experience is ending the semester feeling like I did well in the course and learned great concepts that I can use in my day to day life. Also, the feeling that I want to explore other business ideas that I have, and I now feel more empowered to do so.

I definitely feel like I have developed an entrepreneurial mindset. By that I don’t mean that I’ll come up with the next Facebook tomorrow or be the next Jeff Bezos, what it really means for me is that I will make sure to pursue any ideas that I have and learn from those experiences. I will also make sure not to give up on trying new things or thinking of new ideas.

I would recommend that new students do every single assignment without thinking of whether or not they will have a successful venture to pursue at the end of this course. Just do your best to be critical of the idea that you in a constructive way. Fining flaws in the idea is not a bad thing, it’s the only way you can improve your venture and yourself.


                            Steve Jobs and an amazing quote! "I'm convinced that about half of ...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elio,
    I think that you summarized well most of the concepts that Professor Pryor was trying to get us to understand and displayed your growth into thinking more like an entrepreneur. One of the biggest learning lessons for everyone in this class was how to look at failure as a good thing and how to understand the mistakes and overall 'failure' as a way to grow and learn more about the entrepreneurial process. Additionally, I agree with you about feeling more motivated and less scared to pursue an idea, and I believe that this class has taught us to not give up on what you believe in and to take chances to help you grow. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elio, I think you did a an exceptional job on summarizing the key responsibilities it takes to succeed in this class. Your take on the most formative experience in the class being failure was pretty agreeable when reading, because failure was definitely a huge topic in this class. Overall, you did an awesome job on this post. Well done!

    ReplyDelete