Thursday, April 16, 2020

Celebrating Failure

I have definitely failed many times throughout my life. Some failures have been big, some have been small. It has happened with work, school, and personal aspects of my life. This semester has been no different, especially with it being my first semester at UF. One of the failures this semester was an exam that I took for my MAN 3025 class. It was the second test for the class and did fairly well on the first exam. I used the same study methods that I practiced the first time around and it did not pay off. From this experience, I learned that I need to treat each and every exam as if it were the one and only grade int the class. Especially if I want to achieve my goal of graduating with a high GPA/honors.

Failure, in general, has been difficult, but over time, I’ve learned that it is a necessary part of life. When I was younger, failure was harder to deal with. I think this was mostly because I didn’t have a good perspective on things. Now that I’m a bit older and I’ve not only seen myself fail several times but I’ve also learned that it is normal for everyone to fail, I have a better understanding of the role failure plays in my life. I’m no longer as afraid to fail, I just want to make sure that I learn as much as possible from my mistakes, so I don’t repeat them again and again.

This class has changed my perspective on failure from an entrepreneurial and business standpoint. Before this class, I felt that starting a business required preparation to the point where you had to think of every possible thing that can go wrong and have a solution for that before you even take any steps forward. I’ve learned that is definitely not the case, to the contrary, you should expect to fail and learn from those failures to improve yourself and your business. 

We just need to learn how to fail successfully.   

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elio,
    I really enjoyed reading your post about your view on failure and can definitely relate when you brought up the example about studying the same way for your test and still not doing as well as you wanted. I believe that you’re on the right track to understanding how failure can actually benefit you and inform you with knowledge that you've never had before. It sounds to me that once you learn how to take what you learn and utilize it, without repeating your mistakes, your road to success becomes a million times easier to follow. Great response!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elio, I really enjoyed reading your post to this assignment. I liked how you explained failure in the life of your schedule with work, school, and social life. It is much easier to deal with failure as you grow up and understand that it's hard to stay and remain perfect in life. Overall, you did an awesome job on this blog post.

    ReplyDelete