Friday, March 20, 2020

Create a Customer Avatar
                                                     
My product will be sold to households that have a cat. Obviously, this demographic can be very diverse, but for the purpose of this exercise, I’m going to focus on a single type of customer.

She is 26 years old living in Jacksonville, FL and rents half of a duplex in the Historic Riverside area. She works part-time as a barista at one of the local coffee shops and spends the rest of her time doing freelance artwork and photography. She has two indoor cats, both of which were rescues from her local community. She also feeds the neighborhood feral cats to make sure they don’t go hungry and also allows them to congregate on her front porch. In her spare time, she likes to volunteer at the local animal shelter.   She’s a liberal and voted for Bernie Sanders this year. She enjoys trying new foods but likes to eat vegan for the most part. Her favorite book/series is Harry Porter. She Drives a 2007 Toyota Prius.

I do have a couple of things in common with my avatar. We live in the same area and care about animals (disclosure: I do not feed feral cats). She also has a lot in common with my girlfriend and some of my friends, which indirectly ties it to me. A lot of my friends are vegan and like to volunteer to help animals. I think a lot of these commonalities come from the fact that as an entrepreneur you try to solve problems for issues that you see in your life every day. This is something that reflects that because I have this issue not only in my life, but I also see it in that of my friends.   

Image result for hipster girl

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elio! I like the photo you chose for your customer avatar. I found I had a lot in common with my avatar as well. I agree that we try to find solutions for customers that tend to be a lot like ourselves. We have the most experience in trying to solve our own needs and seek out others like us so we can solve their needs too.

    ReplyDelete