Thursday, January 30, 2020


My entrepreneurship story

Entrepreneurship experiences in my life so far have been primarily influenced by my parents. My family moved here from Colombia when I was twelve years old. As a result, my parents had to make a significant career change to adapt. They went from working office jobs in a bank and an accounting firm to working construction and general maintenance. As a teenager, I was very involved with my dad’s entrepreneurial ventures in construction, specifically residential and commercial painting. I would help with marketing the business through networking and creating promotional materials such as brochures and coupons. Although we were ultimately not successful with the company, I learned many important lessons about entrepreneurship. I found that failure was a really important part of the process because it helps you develop and improve over time. The key is that you have to be persistent and passionate about your goals.

I enrolled in ENT 3003 for a few different reasons. First of all, I would like to learn how to brainstorm and pursuit entrepreneurial ideas. I think it’s always been something that interests me, but I have never given it enough thought to gain any traction. I also think that the entrepreneurship process can be applied to almost any situation in life. I hope that this class will help me challenge myself to think more about how the entrepreneurial process can benefit my business ideas, work, and life in general.


2 comments:

  1. There is a hero in every child's heart. That's their father. My father's influence on me is very great. I wish I could be like my father. Of course, I'm working on it. I think we are very similar. There are many things in common. It makes me feel very kind to you. Of course, I have a problem. Is parents your goal or a pressure for you. ? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elio, I was really inspired to read about your efforts with helping your Dad in his early career of being an entrepreneur. It looks like you gained beneficial experience for future possibilities of someday being your own entrepreneur or having that experience positively factor your future career in whatever that will be. I also found it interesting in the way you approached this class and how entrepreneurship cannot just define a businessman, but a person and the way they view ideas about many things including life in general. Overall, this was a tremendous post. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete